News from CPSC
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
Office of Communications - Washington, D.C.
- For Immediate Release
- Firm’s Recall Hotline: (866) 349-7225
- February 23, 2012
- CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
- Release #12-FINAL FOR CLEARANCE
- CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908
Kelty Recalls Jogging Strollers Due to Fall and Injury Hazards
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
- Name of product:
- Kelty Single and Double Jogging Strollers
- About 3,000
- Kelty, of Boulder, Colo., a division of American Recreation Products
- The front wheel can come loose during use and cause the stroller to tip over, posing a fall and injury hazard to children in the stroller and adults pushing the stroller.
- There have been three reported incidents with these recalled strollers, including cuts, scrapes and fractured bones to adults and minor cuts and scrapes to children.
- This recall involves Kelty Speedster Swivel Deluxe single jogging strollers and Swivel Deuce double jogging strollers. The strollers have an aluminum frame and a cloth seat with a canopy. They were sold in blue/gray and orange/gray. “Kelty Kids” is embroidered on the front of the stroller in the child’s leg area. The following model numbers are included in this recall. The model number and stroller name are printed on a tag inside the stroller’s seat area.
Kelty Swivel Deluxe (single jogging stroller)
- Model Numbers
Kelty Swivel Deuce (double jogging stroller)
- Model Numbers
- Sold at:
- Juvenile product stores and sporting goods stores nationwide and by Web retailers, including www.kelty.com, from January 2010 through February 2012 for between $375 and $475.
- Manufactured in:
- Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled strollers and contact Kelty to receive free updated assembly and maintenance instructions.
- Consumer Contact:
- For additional information, contact Kelty toll-free at (866) 349-7225 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. MST, or visit the firm’s website at www.kelty.com.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is still interested in receiving incident or injury reports that are either directly related to this product recall or involve a different hazard with the same product. Please tell us about your experience with the product on SaferProducts.gov.
CPSC is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with the use of the thousands of consumer products under the agency’s jurisdiction. Deaths, injuries, and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $900 billion annually. CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical hazard. CPSC’s work to ensure the safety of consumer products—such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters, and household chemicals—contributed to a decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 30 years.
Under federal law, it is illegal to attempt to sell or resell this or any other recalled product.
To report a dangerous product or a product-related injury, go online to: SaferProducts.gov, call CPSC’s Hotline at (800) 638-2772 or teletypewriter at (800) 638-8270 for the hearing impaired. Consumers can obtain this news release and product safety information at www.cpsc.gov. To join a free e-mail subscription list, please go to www.cpsc.gov/cpsclist.aspx.